Black Pepper Chicken
- 1 pound chicken breast, thigh, or soy curls, diced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoon shao hsing or chili vinegar, divided
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- Mix and marinate the chicken, cornstarch, ginger, 2 tablespoons soy sauce and 1 tablespoon vinegar for 30 minutes.
- Heat pan on medium and coat with oil. Cook chicken until browned and fully cooked, then set aside on a plate or bowl.
- In the same pan, add the celery and onion. Stir fry for 1 minute on high so veggies stay crispy.
- Add the chicken, remaining 1 tablespoon of vinegar and 2 tablespoons soy sauce, and the black pepper. Mix and serve.