- 4 cups oats
- 3/4 cup walnuts or other nuts
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts and/or seeds, salt and cinnamon. Stir to blend.
- Pour in the oil, syrup and vanilla. Mix until every oat and nut is lightly coated. Pour the granola onto the prepared pan and spread it in an even layer. Press it down with a spatula so that it’s compact.
- Bake until golden, about 30 minutes, stirring halfway. Let the granola cool completely, undisturbed for at least 45 minutes.