- 4 cups oats
- 1 cup walnuts, almonds, or pecans
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts and/or seeds, salt and cinnamon. Stir to blend.
- Pour in the oil, honey and vanilla. Mix until every oat and nut is lightly coated. Pour the granola onto the prepared pan and spread it in an even layer. Press it down with a spatula so that it's compact.
- Bake until golden, about 30 minutes, stirring halfway. Let the granola cool completely, undisturbed for at least 45 minutes.