Grilled Stuffed Fish
- 2 whole tilapia or pompano
- Banana leaf
- 1 tomato, cubed
- 1 shallot or small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon kalamansi juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sinamak and toyomansi to serve
- Rub salt all over the fish and set aside.
- Combine the tomato, onion, scallions, garlic powder, ginger, lemon juice, pepper, and remaining salt in a bowl. Mix well.
- Stuff the mixture in the cavity of the fish.
- Heat up the grill. Wrap the fish in banana leaf, then place in a grilling basket. Grill on each side for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with sinamak and toyomansi (1:1 soy sauce and kalamansi juice).