- 2 filets salmon (or steelhead trout)
- 2 tablespoons shiro miso
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 scallion, sliced
- Combine miso, sake, mirin, and shoyu in a large bowl. Place the fillets in the bowl, skin side up. Spoon marinade and coat the skin. Cover and keep in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour
- Set the oven broiler to high and preheat for a few minutes. Place the fillets on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Remove excess marinade as miso gets burnt easily while cooking. Broil the salmon for 10-12 minutes, depending on the thickness, until salmon is cooked through.
- Top with sesame seeds and scallions.