- 1 block extra-firm tofu, cut into 8 slices
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 3 tablespoons miso
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili paste with garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Drain your block of tofu for 30-45 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk mirin, miso, ginger, lemon juice, soy sauce, sugar, chile paste and sesame oil until blended.
- In a shallow non-reactive pan, arrange tofu in a single layer and pour 1/3 cup of the marinade over it, turning to coat. Save the rest of the marinade for serving or coat it a second time. Cover in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly oil a 9” x 13” roasting pan. Place tofu slices on pan and roast uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes, or until tofu is heated through. Sprinkle with scallions and sesame seeds and serve.